Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Jay-Z in Life Magazine...

Jay-Z is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Life Magazine. You can check out the cover below. In the article they take you backstage with Jay-Z while he's on his world tour. You can check out some snippets from the article below. Check out the issue to read more...
Click the picture to see it in full.

(New York, NY) – After announcing his retirement three years ago, Jay-Z is now preparing for his comeback, doing a whirlwind world tour in support of his ninth album, Kingdom Come, out later this month. LIFE magazine was granted exclusive access during the Paris and Milan gigs. The new issue of LIFE appears in newspapers nationwide Friday, November 3rd.

"I listen to the song 'Victory' on Puff's No Way Out album," Jay-Z tells LIFE of his preshow routine. "When Notorious B.I.G. comes in on the first verse, it feels like Rocky to me. When I'm onstage, I'm thinking, Is this going to be the town where they don't know the music? But even in Poland, they knew my lyrics," Jay-Z tells LIFE. "I don't feel like I'm living in a bubble. I still feel like a man of the people," says Jay-Z, in a Mercedes in Paris, where his show sold out. "Give me great food and wine, and I’m good," he says. "I'm a cheap date."

Jay-Z willed his way out of the mean streets of Brooklyn's infamous Marcy Avenue projects to become a megastar, selling 37 million albums worldwide, earning four Grammys, and landing one famous girlfriend, Beyonce Knowles. He became a part owner of the New Jersey Nets basketball team, and CEO and president of the hip-hop hit-maker Def Jam Recordings, where he coached Kanye West to stardom.

[Thanks Laura]